- What Are Office Hours?
The office hours of Dr. Arthur Dumont III are flexible, generally beginning at 8 AM and ending at 2 PM, Monday through Friday. There may be situations that Dr. Dumont will be available to see patients outside of these times on an individualized basis, dependent upon need and urgency. It is hoped that the Medical Board in Alabama will clarify in the near future the utilization of Telemedicine, so that a patient does not have to physically travel to my office other than for the initial appointment, and periodic required follow-up appointments based upon their condition and medications prescribed.
- Why is Dr. Dumont non-contracted with or a provider with any insurance companies?
Dr. Dumont is considered an out-of-network provider and is not on any insurance panels and does not bill or accept payments from insurance companies. Patients will be provided with a statement at each treatment session that will provide them with the information required by insurance companies to reimburse them directly. This allows Dr. Dumont to focus on what is going to be the best for his patients without any limitations imposed by insurance companies.
Patients may want to ask their insurance company:
- What coverage exists for outpatient mental health treatment?
- What is a percentage of total charges will be covered when seeing an out-of-network provider?
- What is the deductible for out-of-network psychiatric treatment?
- How does one file with their insurance company for out-of-network treatment?
- What is the annual maximum coverage for outpatient psychiatric benefits?
Payment for service is expected prior to service being rendered and may be paid by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express). The fee for the initial appointment of approximate 50 minutes is $280. The fee for follow-up appointments of approximately 15 minutes for medication management is $120. Unless appointments are canceled at least 24 hours in advance, there is a charge for missed appointments at the rate of full rate of the regular fee.